The Philippine National Police (PNP) has lodged cases for violation of Republic Act 10591 and Usurpation of Authority against a male suspect in Batangas province.
The charges stemmed from a buy-bust operation conducted by detectives of CIDG Batangas against suspect Vincent John Gumapac on August 2, 2022.
Evidence confiscated includes:
• One (1) 5.56mm rifle (Colt AR 15);
• One (1) cal.45 pistol;
• Two (2) pcs steel magazine for 5.56mm;
• Ten (10) pcs live ammunitions of 5.56mm;
• Fifty-Nine (59) pcs live ammunition for cal. 45;
• Two (2) pcs live ammunitions for cal. 9mm;
• Three (3) steel magazines for cal.45;
• One (1) piece fan knife;
• One (1) piece NBI Identification Card;
• One (1) piece PTCFOR Card;
• One (1) Plastic magazine for CZ;
• One (1) pc Inside black holster; and
• One (1) Unit of VIVO cellphone;
• Two (2) pcs of genuine Php1000 bills dusted money with Serial Number HN316135 and CD 445046; and
• One Hundred (100) pcs of Php1000 boodle money.
“The number of seized firearms is an indication of the threat it poses and the possible crime that can be committed.
We have been dedicated to fighting criminality, and the series of police operations is showing good signs of our relentless efforts,” PNP Chief Gen. Rodolfo Azurin Jr. said.