- Category: ICT Management
Directorate for Information and Communications Technology Management
An integrated robust information technology systems and reliable data communications infrastructures that will support effective, efficient and innovative services by 2030.
Shall assist the Chief, PNP in policy formulation and managing information, electronics, and communications technology resources to promote, develop, and regulate integrated and strategic ICT systems, and reliable and efficient communications infrastructure in support to the PNP mission.
FUNCTIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
The Information Technology Management Service (ITMS) is primarily tasked to provide technical expertise to develop and maintain information systems and IT services.
The Communications and Electronics Service (CES) is tasked to provide technical expertise in operation of radio and data communications media such as facsimile and telephone and telephone facilities for transmission, receipt of data and communications, multi-trunked systems for communication linkages, maintenance, repair and security communications building and infrastructure.
Plans and Programs Division (PPD)
- Set policy agenda on ICT promotion and development.
- Formulates, supervise and reviews the implementation of programs in consonance with the PNP thrust on ICT development based on the PNP ISSP, and existing ICT development policies.
- Prepares policies and plans in consonance with the PNP ICT thrust in line with the Mission, Vision and Functions of the directorate.
- Develops policies and plans for the acquisition, development, maintenance and administration of PNP-wide computer networks.
- Prepares annual ICT development plan for the PNP based on the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP).
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans aligned to the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP).
- Reviews and updates existing PNP Information System Strategic Plan (ISSP)
- Develops and updates PNP Telecommunication Systems Strategic Plan and integrate it to the PNP ISSP.
- Formulate, implements and reviews policies and guidelines on Information Security and Cybercrime law enforcement.
- Coordinates with other government, non-government and foreign organizations on ICT matters.
- Reviews and updates existing ICT policies and guidelines of the PNP as necessary.
- Supervises the ITMS and CES in implementing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects.
- Performs other tasks as directed by TDICTM.
Systems Integration and Management Division (SIMD)
- Set policy agenda on Systems Integration for policy formulation, implementation and evaluation.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs on Information Systems integration and management.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for standardization of Information System and Telecommunications codes, variables and parameters.
- Formulates plans and policies for the integration of PNP-wide communications system.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for telecommunications and electronics projects and activities.
- Manages the radio frequency spectrum allocated to the PNP.
- Performs other tasks as directed by TDICTM.
Research and Development Division (RDD)
- Set agenda for research on Information and Communications Technology for the PNP.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs on ICT standardization of codes, variables and parameters.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of research-related projects and activities in support to the formulation, review and updates of the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plans and Telecommunication Systems Strategic Plan.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for standardization of Information Systems and Telecommunications codes, variables and parameters.
- Conduct research and development on latest Information and Communications Technology products and services.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends approval of data and communications system design and integration for the PNP.
- Formulate, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for ICT education and training.
- Conducts literacy and awareness programs on latest ICT products and services that are applicable to the PNP.
- Maintains library of references on ICT standardization.
PRESENT SET OF OFFICERS
DICTM STRATEGIC MAP