In light of the recent launch of Pokémon GO game in the Philippines, the PNP advice the public to always place their personal safety first above “catch them all”.
The Pokémon GO craze has seen reports of accidents, injuries and even crimes in other countries where it has already been played.
The PNP would like to advise Pokémon GO players to enjoy the game safely and take note of the following safety measures:
- Educate your children to the stranger and the danger at “Pokéstops”.
- Do not trespass into restricted areas and private properties. Do not take pictures of restricted areas.
- Watch where you are walking, be aware of your surroundings and do not walk out into roads without looking ahead.
- Be aware of your personal safety when out looking for Pokémon. You should play in pairs or as a group to ensure your personal safety.
- Do not play the game and drive any motor vehicle at the same time. You cannot do both safely.
- Be aware that you are potentially sharing data with others; there could be potential criminals who may seek the opportunity to lure victims to their fake “Pokéstops”.
- Never reveal your personal information and watch out for fake apps or cheat tools. Cyber criminals can access your personal data to commit data theft, fraud or hack into your phone with viruses and malware.
Finally, we urge all Pokémon GO players to stay safe at all times in your search to “catch them all”. Please do not endanger your life or your personal safety.
For more Crime Prevention materials, please visit our Facebook site