President Rodrigo Roa Duterte will lead the celebration of the 115th Police Service Anniversary in simple rites today (Wednesday, August 17) at the PNP National Headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
In commemoration of more than a century of commitment and dedication of police officers to the countrymen, President Duterte is expected to raise concerns and cite major accomplishments related to national peace and order issues.
Among the highlights of the ceremony, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary and National Police Commission Chairperson Ismael Sueno and PNP Chief, Police Director General Ronald Dela Rosa, will assist the Chief Executive in presenting awards and decorations to PNP Units and personnel for outstanding achievements.
Leading the individual awardees is Police Senior Superintendent Valeriano T De Leon from Police Regional Office 11, he will receive Medalya ng Kasanayan and achievement award being the Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration.
As well, Police Superintendent Reynald E Ariño from Special Action Force will also receive Medalya ng Kasanayan and achievement award being the Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Operations.
Other individual awardees are:
· PInsp Lito T Pirote from Anti-Illegal Drugs Group – Best Junior Police Commissioned Officer;
· SPO1 Mhay M Rubio from PRO 3 – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer;
· PO2 Jonathan G Robles from PRO 3 – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer;
· NUP Rosana D. Tupaz from PRO 6 – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel (Supervisory Level); and
· NUP Mary Jeanne D.L. Nadres from Directorate for Plans- Best Non-Uniformed Personnel (Non-Supervisory Level)
Unit awardees are:
· Police Regional Office 2 – Best Police Regional Office, award to be received by PCSupt Gilbert C Sosa, Regional Director of PRO 2;
· Special Action Force – Best National Operational Support Unit, award to be received by PCSupt Benjamin M Lusad, Director of SAF;
· Information Technology Management Service – Best National Administrative Support Unit, award to be received by PCSupt Edwin Jose G Nemenzo, Director of ITMS;
· Bulacan Police Provincial Office - Best Police Provincial Office, award to be received by PSSupt Romeo M Caramat Jr., Acting Provincial Director of Bulacan PPO;
· Iligan City Police Office – Best City Police Office, award to be received by PSSupt Leony Roy G Ga, City Director of Iligan CPO;
· Sta. Rosa City Police Station – Best Component City Police Station, award to be received by PSupt Giovanni S Martinez, Chief of Police of Sta. Rosa CPS;
· Nagcarlan Municipal Police Station – Best Municipal Police Station, award to be received by PCInsp Leopoldo M Ferrer Jr., Chief of Police of Nagcarlan MPS;
· Regional Public Safety Battalion 13 – Best Regional Public Safety Battalion, award to be received by PSupt Chito G Bersaluna, Acting Battalion Commander of RPSB 13;
· Pangasinan Provincial Public Safety Company – Best Provincial Public Safety Company, award to be received by PSupt Virgilio C Pascua Jr., Company Commander of Pangasinan PPSC;
· Zamboanga City Public Safety Company - Best City Public Safety Company, award to be received by PSupt Areston D Limos, Company Commander of Zamboanga CPSC;
· Women And Children Protection Desk PRO 11 – Best Women And Children Protection Desk, award to be received by PCInsp Jacqueline A Antero, Chief of WCPD PRO 11;
· Regional Police Human Rights Desk PRO 3 – Best Regional Human Rights Desk, award to be received by PSupt Hercules P Ileto, Chief of Regional Human Rights Desk PRO 3;
· Police Strategy Management Unit PRO COR – Best Police Strategy Management Unit, award to be received by PCSupt Robert G Quenery, DRDA of PRO COR; and
· Regional Special Training Unit PRO 2 – Best Regional Special Training Unit, award to be received by PSupt Jojo S Dela Cruz, Chief of RSTU PRO 2
President Duterte will also present Special Awards to:
· Police Regional Office 5 – unit with most members of private armed groups neutralized during the election period (PRO level), award to be received by PCSupt Melvin Ramon G Buenafe, Regional Director of PRO 5;
· Cebu Police Provincial Office – unit with most number of firearms accounted, seized, recovered and surrendered during the election period (PPO/CPO level), award to be received by PSSupt Jose B Macanas, Acting Provincial Director of Cebu PPO;
· Police Regional Office 13 – unit with the least number of election related violent incidents during the election period, award to be received by PCSupt Rolando B Felix, Regional Director of PRO 13;
· Regional Special Operations Task Group, Pangasinan – Best Regional Special Operations Task Group, award to be received by PCSupt Marlou C Chan, Deputy Director, DIPO-Eastern Mindanao;
· Rizal Police Provincial Office PRO 4A – unit with most number of confiscated, seized, recovered and surrendered loose firearms, award to be received by PSSupt Adriano T Enong, Provincial Director of Rizal PPO; and
· Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – unit with the notable accomplishment in the campaign against illegal drugs, award to be received by PCSupt Roel B Obusan, Acting Director of CIDG.
The Philippine National Police celebrates August 17 as Police Service Anniversary in commemoration of the joint founding anniversaries of the Insular Constabulary established in 1901 and the Integrated National Police organized in 1975, both forerunner organizations of the PNP.
The 115th Police Service Anniversary is celebrated with the theme: “Hamon ng Pagbabago, Pinag-ibayong Serbisyo.” (PNP-PIO)