ICT in the PNP
The creation of DICTM is the PNP’s response to the call of the national government to improve the quality of life of the people through ICT.
It is part of a bigger strategy that outlines the grand plan of the government in meeting the demands and expectations of the public through service delivery and community partnership. For this strategy to be effective, government offices initiated organizational changes to align to the government’s main strategic objectives and efficiently manage individual service plans.
In the PNP it was exemplified by two necessary major initiatives:
- The activation of the DICTM through NHQ GO# DPL 09-08, with specific delegated authority: mission, vision and functions; and
- The inclusion of ICT in the PNP-Integrated Transformation Program to ensure that systems and technology roadmap is in place for use, expenditure and development.
The creation of DICTM, therefore, is relevant to ensure that the PNP ICT strategy supports national aims and objectives, and exercises appropriate actions, implementations and procedures of ICT in the PNP with the Performance Governance System (PGS) as the benchmark.
- Publication of 1ST Information and Communications Technology Assessment (ICT):Published on November 2009
- Formulation of PNP ICT Security Manual
- Formulation of DICTM Administrative and Operational Manual
- Implementation of On-line Information and Computer Literacy Campaign thru PNP Website (www.pnp.gov.ph) and its Linkages
- Procurement of Computer Sets
- Acquisition of Handheld, Base and Mobile Radios
- Formulation of ICT Policies:
- CY 2010
- Memo Circular No. 2010-016:“Consultation of all ICT Matters with DICTM”
- Memo Circular No. 2010-017: “Authorized use of Government Information and Communications Technology Equipment, Facilities or Properties"
- CY 2011
- Memo Circular No. 2011-01: “Guidelines on the Provisional Utilization of Social Networking Sites in Support to the PNP Mission”
- Memo Circular No. 2011-010:“Guidelines on the Creation, use and Maintenance of Websites at All levels of the PNP Organization"
- CY 2012
- Memorandum Circular No. 2012-003:“Policy Guidelines on Security Consciousness and Secrecy Discipline in the Recording, Uploading, Posting or Dissemination of Information via the Internet or through other Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Devices by the PNP Personnel”
- LOI 43/2012: "Maintenance of Computers and Computer Peripherals" Provides the guidelines and procedures to be followed by the computer users or operators in conducting preventive maintenance of computers and computer peripherals owned by the Philippine National Police (PNP)
- LOI 40/2012: "PNP e-Mail System" Provides the guidelines and procedures for the creation, management and maintenance of a secured e-mail system using the official PNP domain (pnp.gov.ph)
- LOI 39/2012: "Management of Free Web-based e-Mail Accounts" Provides the guidelines and procedures for the creation, usage, turn-over and deactivation of free web-based electronic mail (e-mail) officially used by every office/ unit of the PNP from the National Headquarters down to the police stations
- LOI 33/2012: "e-Library: PNP DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" Provides the guidelines and procedures for the implementation of a PNP-wide Document Management System (DMS). The DMS provides a mechanism for the automated archiving, searching, retrieval and updating of all PNP documents such as PNP issuances, circulars, rules and regulations, orders and directives. These documents shall be stored in electronic or digital format and would form part of the PNP e-Library which will be made available to users determined by the owners or originators of the documents.
- CY 2013
- PNP Memorandum Circular No. 2013-017: “The Mystery Client Project”
- Command Memorandum Circular No. 29-13:“PNP Telephone Directory Android Application"
- Command Memorandum Circular 28-13: “PNP Information and Communications Technology (ICT)”
- Command Memorandum Circular 14-13: “Regulated Access to and Use of Social Networking Websites”
- CY 2010
Ten (10) Point ICT Agenda
- ICT Policy Agenda
- ICT Organizational Development Plan
- ICT Research and Development Agenda
- ICT Communication/Advocacy Plan (ICTCAP)
- Systems Integration Plan
- ICT Training Plan
- Procurement Plan
- Special ICT Projects
- ICT Administrative Plan
- ICT Strategic Partnership and Network Plan
For more information, please contact DICTM phone number: 723-0401 local 3136