Download in PDF
- Full Portfolio >>>
- About DICTM >>>
- ICT Assessment >>>
- Accomplishments & Initiatives >>>
- ICT Priority Projects >>>
- 10 Point ICT Agenda >>>
Gone are the days, when we take things lightly to make remarkable growth to development…
We are in the world of continuous change…
“We owe it or “we blame it” to the fast transformation of information and communications technology (ICT) that now dictates an e-global way of life connected.
Like any organization in today’s world, the PNP, as part of the government’s national transformation program, is prompted to align itself with the fast-evolving trends where the quality service orientation is to get e-connected.
The PNP activated the Directorate for Information and Communications Technology Management (DICTM) as its response to the call of the national government to improve the quality of life of the people through ICT. It is part of a bigger strategy that outlines the grand plan of the government in meeting the demands and expectations of the public through service delivery and community partnership.
For this strategy to be effective, government offices initiated organizational changes to align to the government’s main strategic objectives and efficiently manage individual service plans. In the PNP it was exemplified by two necessary major initiatives: (1) the activation of the DICTM through GO# DPL09-08, with specific delegated authority, mission, vision and functions, and, (2) the inclusion of ICT in the PNP-Integrated Transformation Program to ensure that systems and technology roadmap is in place for use, expenditure and development.
The DICTM is relevant to ensure that the PNP ICT strategy supports national aims and objectives, and exercises appropriate actions, implementations and procedures of ICT in the PNP with the Performance Governance System (PGS) as the benchmark. References: SONA 2009, EO 269 Creating CICT, Item #7 of the PNP-ITP, Baseline PGS.
Shall assist the Chief, PNP in policy formulation and managing information, electronics, and communications technology resources to promote, develop, and regulate integrated and strategic ICT systems, and reliable and efficient communications infrastructure in support to the PNP mission.
An integrated information systems that converge with data communications infrastructures for the PNP to provide effective and efficient innovative police services to the people by creating environment that promotes and advances ICT development.
Powers and Functions
Functional Administrative Offices
- To formulate, recommend policies, plans and programs pertaining to inter-operability, integration, standardization, acquisition, utilization, development of information systems, networks, electronics and communications technology resources and maintenance of all ICT assets.
- It is tasked to design, implement, review policies and plans for systems integration for the existing information and communications technology of the PNP.
- It shall undertake formulation, reviews, updates and of the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plan and Telecommunication System Strategic Plan.
- It shall conduct ICT standardization, research and development.
- It shall design and develop personnel ICT capability enhancement programs through the conduct of personnel education training.
- It shall formulate and recommend digital Information Security policies for the security and protection of digital information and ICT related intellectual property of the PNP.
- It shall oversee the effective management if the radio frequency spectrum allocated to the PNP.
- It is tasked with the administration and enforcement of all policies, guidelines, standards, rules and regulations concerning ICT in the PNP.
- It shall promote strategic partnership and cooperation with other government and no-government agencies and foreign organization on ICT matter such as research and development, education and training, technology updates, supports and law enforcement.
- It shall exercise other powers and functions within the mandates of its creation and/or as directed by the Chief, PNP.
The Communications and Electronics Service (CES) is tasked to provide technical expertise in operation of radio and data communications media such as facsimile and telephone and telephone facilities for transmission, receipt of data and communications, multi-trunked systems for communication linkages, maintenance, repair and security communications building and infrastructure.
The Information Technlogy Management Service (ITMS) is primarily tasked to provide technical expertise to develop and maintain information systems and IT services.
| Our Organization
Plans and Programs Division
Systems Integration and Management Division
- Set policy agenda on ICT promotion and development.
- Formulates, supervise and reviews the implementation of programs in consonance with the PNP thrust on ICT development based on the PNP ISSP, and existing ICT development policies.
- Prepares policies and plans in consonance with the PNP ICT thrust in line with the Mission, Vision and Functions of the directorate.
- Develops policies and plans for the acquisition, development, maintenance and administration of PNP-wide computer networks.
- Prepares annual ICT development plan for the PNP based on the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP).
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans aligned to the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plan (ISSP).
- Reviews and updates existing PNP Information System Strategic Plan (ISSP)
- Develops and updates PNP Telecommunication Systems Strategic Plan and integrate it to the PNP ISSP.
- Formulate, implements and reviews policies and guidelines on Information Security and Cybercrime law enforcement.
- Coordinates with other government, non-government and foreign organizations on ICT matters.
- Reviews and updates existing ICT policies and guidelines of the PNP as necessary.
- Supervises the ITMS and CES in implementing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects.
- Performs other tasks as directed by TDICTM.
Research and Development Division
- Set policy agenda on Systems Integration for policy formulation, implementation and evaluation.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs on Information Systems integration and management.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for standardization of Information System and Telecommunications codes, variables and parameters.
- Formulates plans and policies for the integration of PNP-wide communications system.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for telecommunications and electronics projects and activities.
- Manages the radio frequency spectrum allocated to the PNP.
- Performs other tasks as directed by TDICTM.
- Set agenda for research on Information and Communications Technology for the PNP.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs on ICT standardization of codes, variables and parameters.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of research-related projects and activities in support to the formulation, review and updates of the PNP Information Systems Strategic Plans and Telecommunication Systems Strategic Plan.
- Formulates, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for standardization of Information Systems and Telecommunications codes, variables and parameters.
- Conduct research and development on latest Information and Communications Technology products and services.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends approval of data and communications system design and integration for the PNP.
- Formulate, supervises and evaluates the implementation of plans and programs for ICT education and training.
- Conducts literacy and awareness programs on latest ICT products and services that are applicable to the PNP.
- Maintains library of references on ICT standardization.
Present Set of Officers
ICT in the PNP - An Assessment
“What we cannot measure we cannot improve”
For a starting point, the DICTM embarked on a comprehensive Assessment of the PNP’s ICT capability where it took note of the various ICT issues and concerns as the DICTM Staff rounded visits of the different Police Regional Offices.
The findings were published in November 2009 to serve as reference to better establish the levels of ICT priorities, appropriately manage allocation and distribution of ICT resources, and identify where policy support and standards are required.
ICT Assessment on
- Information Technology (IT) Capability
- Approximately 30% of computers in Police Stations nationwide are actually donations from LGUs and NGOs;
- Almost 90% of the total Police Stations that do not have computers came from PRO ARMM and PRO 8;
- 47% Have no internet access due to financial constraints; and
- 100% Have no internet access due to unstable signal or no Internet Service Provider (ISP) in their area.
- Communications Technology (CT) Capability
- PRO 4B was found to be the least equipped with only 13% of its City and Municipal Police Stations have radio communications; and
- Most of the radio equipment issued nationwide have defective battery packs.
Our Accomplishments and Initiatives
Ten (10) Point ICT Agenda
DICTM envisions an ePNP, that is, the PNP which is strengthened, reinforced, revitalized, enabled in the exercise of its law enforcement functions, by information and communications technology (ICT). With the rapid changes and developments brought about by ICT here and elsewhere, the need for integrating ICT as a vital component of law enforcement can not be understated, much less, overlooked. The PNP necessarily requires optimal utilization of ICT resources to complement its thrust towards its Integrated Transformation Program (ITP), making it a credible, capable and effective police organization faithful to its mandate and worthy of the people’s trust and confidence. With ITMS and CES, this Directorate will bank on the following Ten (10) Point ICT Agenda for the realization of this vision:
- ICT Policy Agenda
- ICT Organizational Development Plan
- ICT Research and Development Agenda
- ICT Communication/Advocacy Plan (ICTCAP)
- Systems Integration Plan
- ICT Training Plan
- Procurement Plan
- Special ICT Projects
- ICT Administrative Plan
- ICT Strategic Partnership and Network Plan
Download detailed Ten (10) Point ICT Agenda >>>